Re: decompile option in access97

From: Tony Toews <ttoews_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: 2000/07/29

"Jeff D. Hamann" <hamannj_at_ucs.orst.edu> wrote:

>My
>database grows from 20MB to 850MB over the course of a couple of days

What version of Access? A2K has a bloating problem with a fix available . There is a link on my website.

>(lots
>of scientific data and computations) and with each run I have to empty out
>the tables and repopulate them with another dataset with different
>assumptions.

If you had a front end/back end concept you could keep each of those runs in seperate back ends available for viewing and reporting.

>Is this (corruption) common?

No. We were having occasional corruptions when we had everything in one MDB on the server but haven't had a corruption since.

Tony

Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages.

   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

   VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or thousands of volunteers for special events. Received on Sat Jul 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT