decompile option in access97

From: Jeff D. Hamann <hamannj_at_ucs.orst.edu>
Date: 2000/07/26

I tried to decompile an access database and got a messasge that there was too many nested if statements ( or loops or something) and found this (mess below) in the vb source code for one of the modules .... needless to say, all the code in the module is toast and thank goodness I have a backup. My database grows from 20MB to 850MB over the course of a couple of days (lots of scientific data and computations) and with each run I have to empty out the tables and repopulate them with another dataset with different assumptions. Is this (corruption) common? These types of problems are making me lose faith in MSOffice and my confidence in Access as a rought and ready database package is shrinking by the day, especially when I have to earn a living on reliabilty. Has anyone else run into this? I know this might not be the best place and I don't want to start a flame war (at least not at me) but If I were going to pick the most stable database in the planet (any os, any vendor or opensource) what you people suggest?

Opti

' t

  f R
'S:BUI

 ""# NO
 "<~J^2 e?Zì3W ¿ s_rÿÆ c £

         '`, lÂGremova~lIabj à , _ÿâ"Íh© ?  â 0i ? d à   exporÀt curr¡¨À« di ­s by Âd`.rict¦_ª C _harves <â EXPORT°_YIE ¥ã¤.ü ÁK finis` £ AjEuns c Ól~eàØlxj ,|5 C0loseÁÀ!3' Ûà bÆ bÆ!ÏE`ÔÀÒ A Ï o ? ht40G ßÏ Â y / " r # ? ¹
'/*

Y in d Á ¯8 8BRANCH,_? METERÿ8ûÿ8± %LÀº

Jeff D. Hamann
2601 NE Jack London Street #27