Insight please

From: patrick_robertson <patrick_robertson_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

Any help would be appreciated. My question is if I were to get my Oracle DBA certification would I be qualified for a oracle dba position being that I'm not currently in the technical field? Can I make this leap?

I do have a technical aptitude (self taught C++, VB, SQL no real world application of these though) and I know that I can study and pass the tests. I don't, however, want to drop $5K only to find out this is highly impractical. Again, any insight from those of you in the know would mean a lot. I hope this isn't a terribly over asked question.

Thanks Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT