Oracle 8i TNS Error

From: Daniel Suarez <dsuarez_at_wishbonesystems.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

I've just installed Oracle 8i on Windows NT on Intel based architecture. This is my first installation of Oracle ever - hence a newbie ;o)

I have setup the following services:

  1. Oracle Names Servers
  2. Net Service Names
  3. One Listener

These services, with the exception of the Oracle Name Sever, are using TCP/IP. When I try to log onto the DB that was installed with the Oracle installation using the "Oracle Enterprise Manager Login" prompt I get the following error:

    "ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name."

I've read and re-read the documentation that come with the CDs but I am completely stumped.

Thank You for your time and all and any suggestions you may have

Daniel Suarez Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT