PHP/ODBC/ORACLE - Problem

From: Koller <koller_at_syskotec.de>
Date: 2000/07/18

Hi all,

I have a problem with an existing installation of an Oracle-Database (Vers. 8) which we configurate
over the Microsoft ODBC Configurator on a Windows NT4 machine.

There´s no database installed on my machine so i try to access it with an php-skript which reads as follows:
test_oracle.php:
<?
  $res = odbc_connect("anyhost","user","userpw");   echo "$res";
?>

then the following error occurs:

Warning: SQL error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS: The service name could not be solved.
, SQL state 08004 in SQLConnect in e:\htdocs\test_oracle.php on line 2

Disturbing is:
This small skript works with a machine which has a database installed !!!
Also if we are not using ODBC the solving of server names is no problem !!!

I have no clue what i can do to solve this problem ... (i´m thinking this is just one of those problems which are very trivial ... but nevertheless annoying )

Any help would be fine

Greetings
F. Koller Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT