Re: OEM question

From: Nick Yeast <nospam_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 2000/07/18

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:18:27 GMT, "michaelb" <oracle_dba_new_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am running Oracle 8.1.6 enterprise edition on win 2000.
>When I attempt to start the enterprise manager it asks for a "Management
>Server". I have not been able to figure out what it is asking for here as
>Nothing I have tried has worked.
>
>Any help appreciated

I don't know much about Win2000; however, I have OEM set up on a NT4 box, with a repository in an Oracle instance on the same box. In NT4, under Services, there is a service called Oracle Management Server (In my case, OracleOEM_HOMEManagementServer). This service must be running for OEM to launch. All this should be covered in the docs... However, I have noticed that on boot-up, even though this service is set to start automatically on my machine, I have to go into the control panel and start it manually. Why the service won't start on it's own I don't know, and it hasn't been a priority to find out... But at any rate, once that service is up and running, I can fire up OEM no problem.

HTH

Nick Yeast
replace 'nospam' with 'club11' Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT