Re: Interview question

From: <vasarpota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

Hi Helen,

I too have been studying Oracle and looking for my first break. How is it going? Any trouble getting interviews?

Regarding your question,

The coalesce wont help the situation at all. It does some unfragmentation for you which helps with allocating new extents but if maxextents has been reached, you must either increase the number of max_extents (assuming there is space available for new extents) or add datafile (like the interviewer mentioned)

Good luck on your interviews

In article <8kslgu$dbt$1_at_newsmaster.cc.columbia.edu>,   "Helen" <helen_kuo_at_us.sina.com> wrote:
> I had an interview with Director of Technology of an internet
 company. He
> showed me an error message, something like the maximum extents (121)
 reached
> when insert into a table. He asked me how to solve the problem. My
 solutions
> were:
> 1). alter tablespace coalease .......
> or
> 2). alter table ...change the max_extents to a bigger number.
> He didn't agree on those. His solution was to alter tablespace add
 datafile

> I didn't get the job, of course. But who is right?
>
> I studied Oracle by myself, and I am trying to get my first job in
 Oracle
> world.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT