Re: Strange Behaviour on Index Space Usage, help please

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/13

It is the same.

And just to add a little more, you can be in a position where the block can never be
visited, in which case a dirty block might never be cleaned, and therefore never become available for re-use. This is less likely in the era of fast-commits and delayed logging block cleanout, but for large deletes it is still possible.

--

Jonathan Lewis