ORA-12545 Error

From: Sean <dolans_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/09

Please help. Oracle 8i. Trying to connect with just little ol' SQL Plus on another machine. I have created a connect thing with SQL Easy Config of FOO and the proper IP Address and the Database instance of ORACLE.MYCOMPANY.COM I can successfully TNSPING it from the client to the server, but if I try to go into SQL Plus, I get a ORA-12545 error. Why?

If I create AN EXACT match on the server itself and pull up SQL Plus, I can get it to connect with FOO alias.

I did a LSNRCTL STAT and see that it is up and running. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT