Java connect with oracle database

From: ZPAN <zpan_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/07/08

I have oracle8i and JDK 1.3 installed on a PC with Windows 98 as the OS.

After I invoked sqlplus under the directory c:\oracle\ and created a table with the following codes,

create table myTable
(text varchar(20));

insert into myTable values
('abc');

Where is this table located?

How can I use Java method getConnection to access this database through JdbcOdbcDriver?

A java class is located in d:\java\ containing the following statement,

connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:myTable", "INTERNAL", "ORACLE"); I always got an exception.

Could somebody help me this out, and thanks a lot.

Zpan Received on Sat Jul 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT