Multiple listeners for the same database

From: Rashmi <rthomas_at_bom8.vsnl.net.in>
Date: 2000/07/08

I would like to configure multiple listeners for the same database that is I have configured two listeners for the same database. So that is one listener goes down the other listener will cater to requests of the clients. Now what is happening is that both the listeners are working if I use different service names.But if i use the same service name for both the listeners then what happens is that if i stop one of the listeners then it will check for the last entry in the tnsname.ora and if the service name corresponds to the listener that is not working then the clients will not be able to receive response to their requests though one of the listener is working.Your help will be highly appreciated.