Re: Installation in Windows 2000

From: ChrisS <user_at_synergen.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

I ran into similar problems, but after cleaning everything up I found that Oracle dev 6 simply won't install under windows 2000, and oracle support said this was a known issue.

So if anyone out there has successfully installed dev 6 under windows 2000, I'd like to know how!

Note - if you install dev 6 under windows NT 4, then upgrade to windows 2000, everything works fine.

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:00:17 GMT, "Haplo" <valgaeren_at_pandora.be> wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>I guess you're trying to install developer 6. I also had this problem. There
>are two possible solutions. The first one is to stop the oracle processes
>and then install dev6. Unfortunately this doesn't always work. The only
>solution that always works is to completely uninstall oracle8. Then firstly
>install dev6 under the default home. After that install oracle8 under a
>different home.
>
>This is a bug in the installer of dev6. I hope my solution is of any help.
>
>Greetings,
>
>Wim Valgaeren
>valgaeren_at_pandora.be
>
>"Steve Campbell" <scampbel_at_metz.une.edu.au> wrote in message
>> We are trying to install developer running under Windows 2000.
 Unfortunately