Re: Installation in Windows 2000

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

Its not so much a 'bug' as an Oracle failure to retrofit multi-home compatibility in its installer routines...At this stage in Oracle's development, multiple homes ( which Oracle products currently REQUIRE, if you want to maintain a real-world mutli-version environment) should be supported by all its current releases...

Just me 2c

John Greco
Oracle DBA

"Haplo" <valgaeren_at_pandora.be> wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>I guess you're trying to install developer 6. I also had this problem. There
>are two possible solutions. The first one is to stop the oracle processes
>and then install dev6. Unfortunately this doesn't always work. The only
>solution that always works is to completely uninstall oracle8. Then firstly
>install dev6 under the default home. After that install oracle8 under a
>different home.
>
>This is a bug in the installer of dev6. I hope my solution is of any help.
>
>Greetings,
>
>Wim Valgaeren
>valgaeren_at_pandora.be
>
>"Steve Campbell" <scampbel_at_metz.une.edu.au> wrote in message
>> We are trying to install developer running under Windows 2000.
 Unfortunately