Predicting physical disk space.

From: <thiko_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/25

Thanks to those who helped before....

I'm in a situation where the new predicted growth in database storage is going to be approx.5MB per week for this particular project. To check that we have enough disk space I would do this by what means?

In general do the total sizes of tablespace files correspond to/represent the SAME size on the databases physical disks? In which case is it something simple like getting the size of the physical disks and taking away the sizes of the tablespace datafiles and that will give the amount of disk space one has free? Or does it have to do with all the blocks, extents, segments etc involving some calculation to work out disk space? And to get the size of tablespaces do you add up all the sizes of the objetcs within the tablespaces such as tables, indexes etc..???

I know how to get this data I've mentioned if it is the right way to go about things.

Basically I need to know the method for finding out if we are going to need more physiacl disks before I implement the new projects database objects.

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it one day :) .

Thiko!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jun 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT