Re: FAQs for Oracle (especially personal / lite versionss?)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/24

http://www.orafaq.org
http://www.oramag.com
http://www.revealnet.com
http://www.ixora.com.au
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

I would also advice to
read the Oracle Concepts Manual
and buy
Oracle, the complete reference, focuses on sql and sql*plus, doesn't cover DBA topics
The Oracle DBA handbook (covers DBA topics only) The book on PL/SQL programming buy Steven Feuerstein. There is also a new book called Oracle Essentials published by O'Reilly, and that seems to direct mainly at beginners. The books of O'Reilly on Oracle are usually very good.
Finally: read that manual before you start posting. Always include your platform and your version details in your post. Another finally: there should be an Oracle getting started manual in that doc kit. That really should work.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA