Partitioned primary key index syntax

From: Gail Binkley <gail_at_alberich.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 2000/06/23

I recently created a range partitioned table from an existing non-partitioned table using CREATE TABLE AS SELECT. I was unable to find in the docuementation the syntax to partition the primary key added as a constraint using the ALTER TABLE command as follows:

alter table result
add constraint pk_result_exptidSpot
PRIMARY KEY (exptid, spot)
using INDEX TABLESPACE INDEX3
pctfree 2
storage (INITIAL 20M NEXT 20M PCTINCREASE 0);

All the other indexes were created as follows:

CREATE INDEX prod.ndx_result_suid
ON prod.result (suid)
PCTFREE 2 STORAGE (
INITIAL 20M NEXT 20M PCTINCREASE 0)
NOLOGGING
LOCAL
(PARTITION ind_res01
 tablespace IND_RES01,
 partition ind_res02
 tablespace IND_RES02,
 partition ind_res03
 tablespace IND_RES03,
 partition ind_res04
 tablespace IND_RES04);

Is there a way now to change the primary key index to a local partitioned index like the other indexes? Or did I need to do this when I created the primary key constraint? If anyone has examples of the correct syntax, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Gail Binkley

--
Department of Genetics        Phone: (650) 498-7145
School of Medicine              Fax: (650) 723-7016