Re: "Connection refused" could be a memory problem ?

From: Java Developer <mozkill_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

I am getting the same error (email me if you want to talk about it at mozkill_at_yahoo.com ) and I am still working on trying to get it to work. I have tried using dbassist to configure my tsnames.ora and my other config files. I am using a 96 meg machine with a 75 meg swap partition and a 180 meg swap file... i cant imagine memory being the problem... i would assume that if the java installer ran on your system, then you probably have enough memory with a default configuration...

i am using oracle8i (v8i81500 ) and i cant seem to solve my problem but I am also not using the recommended patches... but I think it should still work... my database is not currently for production, it is for QA testing...

if you figure out how to fix it can you let me know? thanks,
jon williams
mozkill_at_yahoo.com

In article <8ikr0o$4tg51$1_at_fu-berlin.de>,   "Davide Bianchi" <davide_bianchi_at_usa.net> wrote:
> I'm developing a Server application written in Java (1.3) that
 communicate
> with an
> Oracle Server trought the Oracle Thin driver. I've tested the
 application
> several times
> on 3 different machines (my personal and two servers), without any
 problem.

> Last week I try to install a "test" version in a different company,
 the
> machine is
> quite underfitted for the application itself, basically, I'm using
 the 100%
> of all
> the memory (virtual and physical), on a 64 Mb machine the used memory
 is
> around
> 250 Mb.
>
> My application return an Oracle error: 12505 "Connection Refused".
> (on my documentation the "connection refused" is 12564)
>
> I managed to reduce the memory used by Oracle tuning the init.ora
 file, now
> the memory
> used is around 220 Mb and the application is running...
>
> My question is: could the "Connection refused" error be provocated by
> memory
> allocation error ? How can I be sure about it ?
>
> Any hints will be appreciated...
>
> Davide

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT