"Connection refused" could be a memory problem ?

From: Davide Bianchi <davide_bianchi_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/06/19

I'm developing a Server application written in Java (1.3) that communicate with an
Oracle Server trought the Oracle Thin driver. I've tested the application several times
on 3 different machines (my personal and two servers), without any problem.

Last week I try to install a "test" version in a different company, the machine is
quite underfitted for the application itself, basically, I'm using the 100% of all
the memory (virtual and physical), on a 64 Mb machine the used memory is around
250 Mb.

My application return an Oracle error: 12505 "Connection Refused". (on my documentation the "connection refused" is 12564)

I managed to reduce the memory used by Oracle tuning the init.ora file, now the memory
used is around 220 Mb and the application is running...

My question is: could the "Connection refused" error be provocated by a memory
allocation error ? How can I be sure about it ?

Any hints will be appreciated...

Davide Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT