Re: Creating CGI Interface to Oracle database

From: Gerard Tromp <gerard.tromp_at_sanger.med.wayne.edu>
Date: 2000/06/09

There was another response also.

To talk directly to a database from a client the perl DBI/DBD interface has to be compiled with the call interface headers and linked with the call interface libraries. Thus if the clients are on the same/similar platform the perl DBI/DBD compilation would be possible, else you will need the call interface library(ies) for the client platform. The alternative is that you need to invoke the perl (with the compiled DBI/DBD) that is resident on the host computer.

Gerard

--
Gerard Tromp, Ph.D.                                         vox:

http://cmmg.biosci.wayne.edu