Basic Oracle questions

From: *************** <huongtbui_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner, so bare with me while i ask these questions:

  1. when migrating data from 1 medium (SQL Server) to Oracle is it better to use SQL Loader or are there other 3 party softwares that would do the job better?
  2. When installing a fresh install of oracle for a production environment, are there any special configurations i need to be aware of, or is accepting the default configuration fine?
  3. can someone explain these concepts to me because i'm kind of lost: Imaging, meta data repositories, sql back track control.

Thanks a lot for your help
Christy Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT