Basic questions

From: christy <kisstene_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi i'm a rookie so bare with me while I request help. Please help!

  1. When migrating data from 1 medium (SQL Server) to Oracle, is it ok to use SQL LOader, or are there other 3 party softwares that are better for the project?
  2. On a fresh install of Oracle for a production environment, is it ok to accept the default install, or are there any special configurations i should be aware of?
  3. When upgrading oracle, is there any special configurations i should also know - would it be to load data via export/import- or is there a better way?
  4. Please help me with some basic concepts: imaging meta data repositories SQL back track control

Thanks a billion for your inplut.
Christy Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT