Re: Problems insalling 8i on NT

From: <kevin_g_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Hi,

I've found that when you uninstall Oracle on NT it sometimes fails to clean itself entirely out of the registry. This can cause errors on subsequent installs (ie 'service already exists'). Your server's not likely to run properly if it encounters any errors on install.

I'd uninstall Oracle and try again. If that fails, you'll probably need to reinstall NT (or dive into the registry if you're feeling brave...)

Kevin

In article <20000604125933.11627.00001772_at_ng-bg1.aol.com>,   progkcp_at_aol.com (ProgKCP) wrote:
> Let me describe my current problem.
>
> I installed Oracle 8i on my Windows NT Workstation which is of the
 following
> configuration:
>
> Pentium 500
> 128 MB Ram
> 20 Gig HD Loaded with NT
> 3 Gig HD is loaded with Oracle.
>
> I've installed and de-installed Oracle many times on the 3 gig hard
 drive. The
> last time that I installed Oracle I received the following error
 message on the
> install process:
>
> Error while creating Service
> Oracle Web Assistant2 already exists.
>
> The error message gives me the option of exiting the install or
 ignoring the
> error. I choose to ignore and then Oracle Installer says that the
 Install was
> successful.
>
> So, no I want to start creating tables. I go into Database
 Administration and
> click on Database Configuration Assistant and I get the following
 Error
> Message:
>
> JNLS Exception:oracle.ntpg.jnls JNLSException
> Unable to find any National Character Sets. Please check your Oracle
> installation.
>
> progkcp_at_aol.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT