Problems insalling 8i on NT

From: ProgKCP <progkcp_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/06/04

Let me describe my current problem.

I installed Oracle 8i on my Windows NT Workstation which is of the following configuration:

Pentium 500
128 MB Ram
20 Gig HD Loaded with NT
3 Gig HD is loaded with Oracle.

I've installed and de-installed Oracle many times on the 3 gig hard drive. The last time that I installed Oracle I received the following error message on the install process:

Error while creating Service
Oracle Web Assistant2 already exists.

The error message gives me the option of exiting the install or ignoring the error. I choose to ignore and then Oracle Installer says that the Install was successful.

So, no I want to start creating tables. I go into Database Administration and click on Database Configuration Assistant and I get the following Error Message:

JNLS Exception:oracle.ntpg.jnls JNLSException Unable to find any National Character Sets. Please check your Oracle installation.

progkcp_at_aol.com Received on Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT