Re: Problems insalling 8i on NT

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/06/05

what I would do in your position is the following

  1. Deinstall Oracle using the Oracle Installer
  2. Run regedit and delete HKLM\Oracle - I.E the entire oracle registry structure.
  3. Check that no Oracle services are left - if they are remove using sc in the NT reskit.

Now having fully removed Oracle reinstall.

It also seems to me that your disk confiuration is likely wrong. I'd have expected to find the OS o the 3 gig drive and Oracle (and for that matter other data on the 20 Gig drive.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"ProgKCP" <progkcp_at_aol.com> wrote in message

> Let me describe my current problem.
>
> I installed Oracle 8i on my Windows NT Workstation which is of the
following
> configuration:
>
> Pentium 500
> 128 MB Ram
> 20 Gig HD Loaded with NT
> 3 Gig HD is loaded with Oracle.
>
> I've installed and de-installed Oracle many times on the 3 gig hard drive.
The