Re: external procedures

From: Varol Denizoglu <varol.denizogluNOvaSPAM_at_xcom.de.invalid>
Date: 2000/05/30

Hi,

every extproc-implementation seems to have its own difficulties depending on the operating system. I also experienced similar problems like you on an AIX with Oracle 8.0.6. Oracle couldn't read the procedure entry points. The shared library was loaded and had to be removed from memory by force.

I don't have solution for Oracle 8.1.6, but you should check differences of your compilation and link options with the extproc-examples from the Oracle-path. For example when porting our Oracle-server from 8.0.5.1 to 8.0.6 we had to recompile our shared library. After compiling and linking additional libraries (see Oracle examples) into our shared library everything worked fine.

Be careful when testing different compilition of your shared library: you should always open a new oracle session to make sure the new library is loaded. As I mentioned above, sometimes the library is loaded and not released from memory although oracle has problems finding the procedure.

Varol Denizoglu