external procedures

From: willy11 <dwillard_at_attcanada.com>
Date: 2000/05/26

Hi,

    I am trying to call a c function from within pl/sql and I am getting the errors:

  1. ORA-6521 PL/SQL: Error Mapping function and
  2. ORA-6522 ld.so.1: /u01/oracle/product/8.1.6/bin/extproccallout :fatal: call_ext_fn: can't find symbol where 'call_ext_fn' is the c funtion I am trying to call. This function takes a string as its parameter and returns an integer. I have registered the funtion as follows:

create or replace function call_ext_fn(msg in out varchar2) return binary_integer is
  external
    library MQEXTLIB
    name "call_ext_fn"
    parameters( msg string, return int);

If anyone can help in explaining what I am doing wrong it would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Dave Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT