Problems with Oracle Application Server 4.0

From: Richard Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: 2000/05/27

I've had a system running Windows NT (SP6) running Oracle 8i database and Oracle Application Server 4.0, which seems to have been running fine.

We recently relocated the machine, moving it from a test (local) network to the internet. The process of simply moving the machine, changing the IP address from a 192.168.xxx.yyy style address to a 'real' internet IP address (provided by the host ISP).

Since then, the Application server will not come up. The messages are as follows :-

O:> owsctl start

Please wait while the command is being processed on host magic1 ... Starting ORB process...
waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

What can have happened to the server to cause this? I have actually tried nuking the system, reinstalling the NT, Oracle Database server and the Application server with no luck! The Windows NT is functioning correctly (including network access), the NT database is working perfectly (I am able to run SQLPLUS, etc.), but nothing seems to be able to get the Application Server ORB to come up.

Help!!!

Rich Woodland
Magic Interface, Ltd. Received on Sat May 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT