Oracle 8i on Solaris 2.6 - memory requirements

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

Does anyone have a good rule-of-thumb for estimating how much memory would be needed on a Solaris 2.6 server running Oracle 8i? The installation manual simply says that 128M is needed to install Oracle, but I know that I've read somewhere in the past that there is a way of calculating how much memory is needed per a certain number of users. Additionally, does this change dependent on whether multi-Threaded-Server facilities are used? Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT