Re: Oracle 8i CDROM license

From: James Chappell <james_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/22

Just tell them the speed (and number) of processors in the box. They apply some complicated formula that determines the number of concurrent users the box will support.

Or you can go for a power user licence - but that's horrifically expensive.

When I bought Oracle8 last week, a whole box of about a dozen CD's arrived, including the software I'd paid for, and lot's I hadn't.

Big O implored me not to use stuff I hadn't got a licence for, other than 60 days' trial.

In article <8F35CA969PatGoD159tkn0krAt_at_166.93.207.145>, Rev. WarFrost <d15p05abl3_at_hotmail.com> writes

--
James Chappell