Re: Oracle 8i CDROM license

From: David Steuber <trashcan_at_david-steuber.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

James Chappell <james_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk> writes:

' Just tell them the speed (and number) of processors in the box. They
' apply some complicated formula that determines the number of concurrent
' users the box will support.

Sybase has a much simpler licensing scheme. The take all the money you got and then grab you by the ankles to shake out any loose change you may have forgotten about. At least, that is what a project manager at my last job told me.

--
David Steuber   |   Hi!  My name is David Steuber, and I am
NRA Member      |   a hoploholic.

All bits are significant.  Some bits are more significant than others.
        -- Charles Babbage Orwell