Re: export utility

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/18

Check out my web page.
http://24.8.218.197/tools/dbasonly/

You can create an index file (not real useable, but I have an awk script that will fix that). The script will create a modifyable SQL file (only runnable in sqlplus)

You can customize what is changed

Update this section to change the defaults or just pass it the settings # Flags for doing actions.
# Y - Process, N - Leave alone, D - Remove statement

 Change_TS=IsNull(Change_TS,"N");
 Change_Init=IsNull(Change_Init,"N");
 Change_Next=IsNull(Change_Next,"N");
 Change_Increase=IsNull(Change_Increase,"Y");
 Change_MinExtents=IsNull(Change_MinExtents,"Y");
 Change_FreeLists=IsNull(Change_FreeLists,"Y");
 Change_FreeGroups=IsNull(Change_FreeGroups,"Y");

You can also use the script do_index I created to answer the questions (below is an example)
If you answer N to Init and Next the script will resize the initial and next to 1/10 of the initial in the export (forcing 10 even extents on the table) oracle @ pitt34dev:/home/oracle
$ do_index dmwork1.idx dmwork1.sql

Change_TS=Y
Change_Init=N