PROC and NET8

From: Sarah Officer <OfficerS_at_aries.tucson.saic.com>
Date: 2000/05/15

I have a PROC application that has been running on the same machine as my database for a while. Now we want to access the database over the network. For most of our connections (tcl) that was easily accomplished, but I don't understand how to make this work for our PROC application. The main docs refer me to the NET8 docs, and they don't have any specifics for PROC.

Our old way of connecting is:

  EXEC SQL CONNECT :UserName IDENTIFIED BY :PassWd;

where UserName & PassWd are variables.

Via tcl, we connect with

        oralogon "$UserName/$PassWd@$Machine"

which is similar to how we can connect via SQLPLUS:

        sqlplus $UserName/$PassWd@$Machine.

How can I accomplish the same using PROC so that it knows to use the network?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah Officer
officers_at_aries.tucson.saic.com Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT