Re: returning a record set from Oracle

From: <marcpark_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

It is hard to give you a good answer without having more data. A couple of sugestions however, use Utl_File to save the output to an ascii file and look at the ASCII file. Another suggestion, use the variable command to create holder items.

varaible my_var varchar2(100)

Then do something like
my_var := msg1 after you call the procedure.

Again, since I do not have any idea what msg1, msg2, etc are, it is hard to give a better suggestion.

Marc Parkinson
Oracle Developer

In article <8enmii$gk9$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>,   "Louis" <frolio_at_videoshare.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I have a package that has a procedure that returns
> a record set from a table. I get it to compile okay, I can even
> execute the procedure okay, however, I do not know how to
> see the results being returned from the procedure? Below
> is the method I use to execute the procedure in SQL *Plus Worksheet:
>
> declare
> msg Admin_Package.tinCatId;
> msg1 Admin_Package.tvcName;
> msg2 Admin_Package.tinParentId;
> msg3 Admin_Package.tsdDate ;
> msg4 varchar(255) ;
> begin
> Admin_Package.spAdminCheckCategoryByCatId(100, msg, msg1, msg2, msg3,
> msg4);
> end;
>
> where msg, msg1, msg2 and msg3 are the output variables defined in the
> cursor. msg4 is a
> standard output variable that simply contains "NOERROR" when the
 package
> executes.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> LF

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT