Oracle8 and Windows 2000

From: Martin Anderson <sooty70NOsoSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/04/28

Has anyone had problems installing Oracle8 (8.0.4.0.0) under Windows 2000? I just wiped my hard disk, re-installed Windows 2000 and tried again but I get an error as detailed below. I have, at this point in time, no other software, never mind Oracle, running on my PC so I can't figure out what would/could cause any conflicts. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Martin

Error Information Window:

begin -----
stopsrvc.vrf(78): Type mismatch in argument '0' when calling 'contains'
stopsrvc.crf(78): 'STRING' expected when 'LIST' found
----- end

Oracle Window:

begin -----
Analyzing Dependancies...

SQL*Net Client

Analyzing SQL*Net Client Dependancies...
----- end