Re: Oracle 8i CDROM license

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/23

Kenneth Porter (shiva_at_well.com) wrote:

: I kinda expected that. Any idea what that costs? If it's not too
: exorbitant, I might be willing to bite. I've got about a dozen users on a

Not cheap. Ask your local reseller for a quote. Then argue him down a lot (Oracle price list is VERY flexible). If you don't know your local reseller, contact Oracle directly.

Oracle licensing is also very wierd. Depending on how they feel today it could be per-user, per-CPU, per machine "size"... I think one of the cheaper licenses is to run it on a box with only 1 or 2 CPU's, but that was last years deal :-) :-)

--
                                 Stephen Harris
                 sweh@spuddy.mew.co.uk   http://www.spuddy.org/