altering table to make it "organized index"

From: Otis Gospodnetic <otis_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/13

Hi,

I've created a bunch of tables without specifying "organized index" clause with CREATE TABLE. I didn't know I would need that in order to create indexes on those tables.
Well, I need to create indexes on those tables now and I'm wondering if it can be done or is it too late?

I tried making tables "organized index" from Sql*plus:   ALTER TABLE foo MOVE PCTTHRESHOLD 50;

This didn't work. Is this the right syntax? Is there any way to make them "organized index"?

Also, a related question:
I've noticed that if I do:
  SELECT non_PK_column FROM foo WHERE PK_column=1;

The PK index is not being used, but if I do:   SELECT a PK_column FROM foo WHERE PK_column=1;

then it is.
Is this normal?
I'm using WHERE pk_column=1 in both cases so I would think that the index would be used both times.

Thanks,

Otis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT