Re: altering table to make it "organized index"

From: Kari Pannila <Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi>
Date: 2000/04/13

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a bunch of tables without specifying "organized index"
> clause with CREATE TABLE. I didn't know I would need that in order to
> create indexes on those tables.
> Well, I need to create indexes on those tables now and I'm wondering if
> it can be done or is it too late?

Hi

If you should have created an index organized table, you couldn't create any indexes
on that table. On an ordinary table (created witjout "organized index") you can create indexes. (look the other answer for that).

Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila
 Oracle DBA (OCP)
 Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.

    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten. Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT