SQL*Loader and BLOBs

From: Marilee Niemi <marilee.j.niemi_at_sf.frb.org>
Date: 2000/04/11

I am running Oracle 8i on Solaris 7 and I am having problems using SQL*Loader to load BLOBs into a table. I do not have any problems if I hard code the path into the control file

The following works:
LOAD DATA
INFILE 'dtf.dat'
INTO TABLE dba_1.testa
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
(stuff1 CHAR(10),

stuff2 LOBFILE(CONSTANT 'G1.gif') TERMINATED BY EOF)

BUT what I really need to do is to load the location of BLOB from the input file. We may be loading hundreds of images a night so writing individual control files is going to be a real pain. If anyone has suggestions for other utilities or procedures besides SQL*Loader I would love to hear it.

Here is a sample of my code that does not work, I followed the examples in the Oracle 8i Utilities manual but of course that concentrate on CLOBs. It runs but it does not load the blob.

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'dtf.dat'
INTO TABLE dba_1.testa
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
(stuff1 CHAR(10),

ext_fname FILLER VARCHAR(20),
stuff2 LOBFILE(ext_fname) TERMINATED BY EOF)

Any help, (Especially any sample scripts people would be willing to share) would be greatly appreciated!
Marilee Received on Tue Apr 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT