Re: Has anyone installed Oracle 8i on NT?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/04/11

This sounds like a nightmare. I have installed 8i on 4 NT4 machines now without a hitch. Certainly manual editing of the registry was never required. If the install is failing to copy all necessary files is it perhaps the installation media that is corrupt. The other thing to note is that the installer requires a newish jvm, the one that comes with Internet Explorer 4 is fine

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA