ApacheJServ and Oracle connectivity.

From: Thomas J. Clancy <tjclancy_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 22:15:44 GMT

Hello All,

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it. I have ApacheJServ running with Apache under RedHat Linux 6.1 and I have a servlet that I've written to use jdbc with oracle. Now, I have set the wrapper.classpath stuff in the jserv.properties config file to look at the oracle jdbc java classes but when I try to do a Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver") I get a ClassNotFoundException. I have this same code in a stand-alone application with my CLASSPATH environment variable set and the application connects to the database just fine. Is there something I'm missing in the JServ setup? Yes, I have taken the Apache server down and restarted it, but still the servlet cannot see the driver. Any clues?

thanks,

tom Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 17:15:44 CDT