Oracle 8i Personal Edition

From: <aswanson2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:40:45 GMT

I just installed Oracle8i personal edition and am having problems even connecting to the sample database with the default install.

When I process the connection test, I get the following error:

Attempting to connect using userid: scott The test did not succeed.
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

There may be an error in the fields entered, or the server may not be ready for a connection.

When I try to manually start the listener, it gives me an error that the listener failed to start a dedicated server process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 08:40:45 CDT