Re: replication

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:10:37 GMT

In article <38E88F07.A30E6F48_at_Unforgetable.com>, K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> I am trying to help one of our sales people order Oracle 8.1.5 for a
new
> installation. Is there a difference between ordering the software
with the
> replication option and with the advanced replication option? If so,
under
> what circumstances would I want to get the advanced replication
option? I
> guess I don't understand what is available with the advanced
replication
> option that isn't available with normal replication. All I need to be
able
> to do is create snapshots that I can refresh on a regular basis.

see
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76962/ch4.htm#735 94
and search for replication.
basically:
Distributed Advanced Replication
Oracle8i Standard Edition No
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Yes
Oracle8i Personal Edition Yes
Advanced replication includes basic replication functionality plus multi-master replication, Replication Manager, and parallel propagation to maximize throughput.
Distributed Basic replication
Oracle8i Standard Edition Yes
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Yes
Oracle8i Personal Edition Yes
Oracle8i server fully supports bi-directional replication with automated conflict detection and resolution. Supported configurations include a single updatable master site with multiple updatable or read- only snapshot sites.
read only snapshots are part of basic.
--
Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:10:37 CDT