Oracle Installer Problem

From: Liem Tran <liem_at_ctc.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:12:45 +1000

Hello Experts,

I start by saying the problem I'm going to ask might not be possible to fix as
I was told by tech support. However, as I know the problem mainly exists with
Oracle Installer (I might be wrong but the errors always relate to Installer), some of
you might have some idea or already succeeded in installing different version of Oracle applications on windows 2000. In my case, the scenario is like this:

I tried to install Developer 2000 R1.6.1, Oracle ODBC v2.5 as well as Discoverer 3.1.36 on the windows 2000 box. I also had problem to install these applications
on win95 but managed to install it successfully from this order: Oracle Installer (packaged with Oracle 8i), Discoverer 3.1.36, Dev2000 R1.6.1 and ODBC v2.5.
I did the same on the windows 2000 box, but an error occurred when installing
Dev2000 R1.6.1.

Error code: orainst.exe has generated erros and will be closed by Windows.

I hope you can help me if you'd know the answer or have some suggestion.

All helps welcomed.

Much appreciated,

Liem Tran Received on Sun Apr 02 2000 - 21:12:45 CDT