A stored procedure / function that can pass back multiple values / a recordset

From: Hans Soelaeman <hanschan_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:42:21 GMT

I am using a lot of stored procedures / functions for encapsulating the database structure; And, I am thinking to migrate to Oracle. In PostgreSQL I am able to do:

    create function test() returns setof text     as 'select ''Col1:'' || col1 from atable'     language 'sql';

And calling

    select test();

Will results:

    Col1: content1
    Col2: content2
    Col3: content3

    3 Rows

I am wondering how can I do the same in Oracle PL/SQL? Such calling

    select test() from dual;

can produce multiple values / a recordset back.

Thanks.

Hans. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 11:42:21 CST