Really Easy Newbie Question - Please Help!

From: Andrew <aka006_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:58:25 +0100

Hi I'm new to Oracle & was wondering if anybody could tell me what the 2 colons in the following statement do. Would the statement behave the same without either colon?

order_exceeds_balance := :customer.order_total > max_allowable_order;

Sorry for being so dim, but I can't seem to find it in the documenation anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Andrew Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:58:25 CST