outer join with multiple table question, plx help!

From: Hongjiew <hongjiew_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2000 22:40:50 GMT

Dear friend:

I have a following question.

T1                                 T2                            T3

ID1 ID2 X1                   ID1 ID2 X2            ID1 ID2 X3
---------------               --------------------------
--------------------------
1     A  0                     1     A  2               1    A   5
1     B  2                     1     C  3               1    B   3
1     C  4                     2     A  4               3    E   5

I want to keep every id in T1, in other words, append x2 and x3 from T2 and T3 to T1. The resulting table will be like ID1 ID2 X1 X2 X3

1     A   0      2       5
1     B   2      NULL 3
1    C    4      3      NULL
2    A    1     NULL NULL

Since I want to keep every record in T1, it obviously involves outer joint. Also I used ID1 and ID2 to join. Can someone help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Jay Wang
hongjiew_at_aol.com Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 16:40:50 CST