Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: <humorous_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:01:29 GMT

What I wonder is why not learn both ? For the Oracle guys SQL Server should be a cake walk and hybrid solutions is the way of the future. So why all this flame. So MS destroys tpc-c!Big deal! That in my opinion is like Santana winning the grammys. (Way to go Carlos but look at the competition Brittney, Christina .. Kinda like stealing candy from a kid) I learnt SQL Server 7.0 and I have been an Oracle DBA for the last 6 years. What I am trying to say is that this infusion of GUI based stuff is here to stay might as well deal with it.

> > > It proves which company has the better programmers. Perhaps
benchmarks
> > > aren't applicable to the average business owner or IT manager-
but they
> > > _sound_ impressive. And until sqlserver7 - what real competition
did
> > > Oracle have? Sybase? *guffaw*
> >
> > DB2, Informix.
> >
> > your remark would be better phrased as what competition did Oracle
have from
> > Microsoft.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:01:29 CST