Need help connecting to 8i

From: Sean <dolans_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:47:04 GMT

I have an Oracle 8i database that I can succesfully connect to via SQL Plus using the 4 letter connect string I configured through Net Config.

The problem I am having is using the Enterprise Mgr, Sec Mgr, etc. When it asks for the "connect string", I provide the 4 letter string I used for SQL Plus and it gives me a "TNS error" I think it is because of Oracle's new Domain Name parameter??? I remember connecting by putting something in the connect string box, but can not remember for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sean

PS Why did they do it this way with this whole DB Domain and Name thing?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 08:47:04 CST