Pro*C Net8 bug on Linux?

From: <kirk_at_kaybee.org>
Date: 21 Mar 2000 18:36:22 GMT

Well, after having tried every possilbe way to make my Pro*C program connect to a remote database via tnsnames.ora, I now have serious worries that there is a bug in the Linux version of Pro*C (or the underlying OCI libraries).

Everything works great when connecting to a local database. Error reporting works fine... i.e. an invalid password is reported via an error.

However, as soon as I try to connect to a remote database in the same program, it segfaults in the code expanded from the EXEC SQL CONNECT line. It doesn't give any error, it just segfaults. The same remote database works fine on the same machine via sqlplus.

--
 Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk_at_kaybee.org -- Avid Linux User

    GT Sport Parachuting Club! http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/skydive      Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's. Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 12:36:22 CST