Passing Arguments in Forms - Newbie

From: Kevin Hughes <j.k.hughes_at_bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:02:55 +0000

I have a form (FORM A) which I can call from two other forms FORM B and FORM C. If I call it from FORM B it needs to be blank i.e. so that I can insert a new record. (This i've managed). However if i call FORM A from FORM C i need all the fields to be populated based on a value on FORM C. This will be for an edit / update of the record.

I assume that I need to create a parameter list, use the add_parameter built in to add the paramater to the list and then pass this through the call_form built in to the called form.

I'm a bit confused on a number of issues.

  1. What is the correct syntax for adding data parameters to a list.
  2. What are the implications of calling a form both with and without a parameter list(i.e. From FORM C and B)?
  3. Will i need to change anything in the called form?

I hope the above is clear.

J. Kevin Hughes j.k.hughes_at_bangor.ac.uk Administrative Computing
University of Wales - Bangor
Adeilad Deiniol
Ffordd Deiniol / Deiniol Road
Bangor LL57 2UX
Tel: (01248) 382373 Fax: (01248) 383826 Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 05:02:55 CST